Visicol Side Effects
Visicol, a prescription colon cleansing drug used by patients preparing to under go a colonoscopy, has been linked to several serious side effects involving the kidneys. These Visicol side effects include:
- acute phosphate nephropathy
- kidney failure
- chronic kidney disease
- end stage renal failure
- other kidney injury
The FDA has confirmed that at least 21 people have developed the life-threatening Visicol side effect known as acute phosphate nephropathy. Also referred to as acute nephrocacinosis, acute phosphate nephropathy is a kidney condition that occurs when calcium-phosphate crystals deposit in the renal tubules. In some cases, acute phosphate nephropathy can permanently impair kidney function and lead to kidney failure and/or death.
Visicol Side Effects Risk Factors
According to the FDA, individuals with an increased risk of developing
- Oral Sodium Phosphates
- Acute Phosphate Nephropathy
- Visicol Black Box Warning & Kidney Injury Lawsuit
- Visicol Lawsuit
- Visicol Lawyer
- Visicol & Kidney Failure
- Fleet Phospho Soda Side Effects
- Fleet Phospho Soda Lawsuit
- Fleet Phospho Soda Lawyer
- Fleet Phospho Soda & Kidney Failure
- Fleet Phospho Soda Recall
- Osmoprep Black Box Warning & Kidney Injury Lawsuit
- Do I Have an OSP Related Acute Phosphate Nephropathy Lawsuit?
Dangerous Product Alerts
- are over age 55
- are hypovolemic or have decreased intravascular volume
- have baseline kidney disease, bowel obstruction, or active colitis
- are using medications that affect renal perfusion or function (such as diuretics, angiotensin converting enzyme [ACE] inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers [ARBs], and possibly nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs])
Visicol Black Box Warning
On December 11, 2008, the FDA announced that a black box warning would be added to prescription oral sodium phosphates, such as Visicol and OsmoPrep, to notify consumers about the risk of serious side effects. At that time, the FDA also expressed concern about the safety of over-the-counter oral sodium phosphates when used in larger doses for colonoscopy prep and indicated that these products should only be available by prescription. Following this announcement, C.B. Fleet issued a Fleet Phospho Soda recall withdrawing the company’s over-the-counter oral sodium phosphates from the market.
Visicol Side Effects Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered serious Visicol side effects, such as acute phosphate nephropathy or renal failure, you may be entitled to file a Visicol lawsuit seeking compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more.