A repetitive strain injury is also known as a repetitive stress injury or by the simple abbreviation RSI. Repetitive strain injuries are caused by intense pressure placed on the tissues in the hands or arms. This typically happens because of constant movement of the hands and arms and the repetitive action of doing the same thing multiple times. It’s similar to the old idea of writer’s cramp, where a writer felt pain in their hand after writing for a long period of time.
The rise in technology has increased the number of RSI cases and introduced new problems. Blackberry thumb for example is a strain of the thumb caused by prolonged typing on a Blackberry screen. Typing on a computer keyboard also makes an RSI worse. When an individual types, they commonly keep their wrists placed on the keyboard and stretch the fingers to reach the different keys. This places pressure on the wrists and fingers both and as the pressure builds up, it causes pain in the tissue and joints.
Resources on repetitive strain injuries include:
- Repetitive Stress Injuries – covers the issue of stress injuries as they relate to children and teens.
- RSI Glossary – gives definitions relating to common terms associated with repetitive stress injuries.
- RSI Exercises – provides easy exercises for the prevention and treatment of RSI.
- Harvard RSI Action – covers a wide range of information relating to RSI.
- Repetitive Strain Injury – looks at the treatment and prevention of RSI.
- Computer Related Repetitive Strain Injury : provides information relating to the injuries caused by using a computer.
- Safe Computing Tips – offers tips on the prevention of RSI.
- What are Repetitive Stress Injuries? – gives a definition of the term and symptoms.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries – covers the risk factors, treatment and prevention of RSI.
- Ergonomics : offers easy tips on the prevention of RSI through using ergonomics.
There are ways to prevent RSI, especially in terms of products. The Dvorak keyboard was released in the 1930’s and is a popular choice for those with RSI symptoms. The streamlined keyboard places the more important keys together and reduces the overall size. There’s also the ergonomic keyboard, which uses a better designed shape and padded wrist rests to protect the hands during prolonged typing. Experts also recommend taking frequent breaks while typing and stretching the wrists and arms prior to typing to reduce the chances of RSI.With the everyday commonplace activities that people perform throughout the day, many don’t realize that these everyday activities may later on result in injury. These injuries can result from the products we use, the materials we are exposed to, as well as common activties. Some examples are similar to typing injuries, denture cream lawsuits, asbestos exposure cases and many more that many would consider obsolete during their lifetime.
Other Resources and Hot Topics from Consumer Injury Lawyers:
Pain Pump Injury Information
- Pain Pump Lawyer
- Intra-Articular Pain Pumps
- On Q Pain Pump
- Stryker Pain Pump
- Pain Pump Lawsuit
- Jane Mundy Article
- Pain Pumps & PAGCL
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery & Shoulder Pain Pumps
- Pain Pump Chondrolysis Lawsuit
- Pain Pump “Class Action” MDL Petition
- Infusion Pain Pumps Linked to PAGCL
- Pain Pumps and Cartilage Loss
- Pain Pump Linked to Cartilage Disorder PAGCL
- American Journal of Sports Medicine Article
- I Flow Stryker Pain Pump Lawsuits MDL
Bard Avaulta Mesh Injury Information
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Side Effects
- Avaulta Biosynthetic & Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic Support Systems
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Lawyer Lawsuit
- Bard Transvaginal Mesh Recall
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Corrective Measures
- Cystocele &Transvaginal Mesh
- Bard Avaulta Mesh & Dyspareunia
- Transvaginal Mesh Infection
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Erosion
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Transvaginal Mesh & Vaginal Prolapse
- Bard Avaulta Transvaginal Mesh FDA Warning
Denture Cream Injury Information
- Denture Cream Lawyer
- Denture Cream Zinc
- Poligrip Neuropathy Lawsuit
- Denture Adhesive Cream Class Action
- Fixodent Class Action Lawyer
- Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning
- Poligrip Class Action Suit
- Fixodent Neuropathy Lawsuit
- Fixodent FDA Warning
- Denture Adhesive Neuropathy Lawsuits
- Denture Cream Poisoning Symptoms
- Super Poligrip Neuropathy Lawsuit