Fleet Phospho Soda Side Effects
Fleet Phospho Soda is an over-the-counter laxative that is commonly used as a bowel cleanser by patients preparing to undergo a colonoscopy. According to the FDA, high doses of oral sodium phosphates, such as Fleet Phospho Soda, may cause the development of serious and potentially life-threatening side effects, including severe kidney damage and kidney failure known as acute phosphate nephropathy.
Patients who experience any of the following serious Fleet Phospho Soda side effects should stop using this medication and call a doctor immediately:
- rectal bleeding
- no bowel movement after use
- sores or ulcers around the rectum
- seizure (black-out or convulsions)
- fast, slow, or uneven heart rate
- urinating less than usual or not at all
- drowsiness, confusion, mood changes, increased thirst, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting
- swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath
Risk Factors for Fleet Phospho Soda Side Effects
Using Fleet Phospho Soda more than once in a seven day periodincreases the risk of side effects. Patients with the following conditions are also at an increased risk of developing dangerous Fleet Phospho Soda side effects:
- Oral Sodium Phosphates
- Acute Phosphate Nephropathy
- Fleet Phospho Soda Lawsuit
- Fleet Phospho Soda Lawyer
- Fleet Phospho Soda & Kidney Failure
- Visicol Black Box Warning & Kidney Injury Lawsuit
- Visicol Side Effects
- Visicol Lawsuit
- Visicol Lawyer
- Visicol & Kidney Failure
- Fleet Phospho Soda Recall
- Osmoprep Black Box Warning & Kidney Injury Lawsuit
- Do I Have an OSP Related Acute Phosphate Nephropathy Lawsuit?
Dangerous Product Alerts
- kidney disease
- electrolyte imbalance (such as high or low levels of potassium, sodium, phosphorous, or magnesium in your blood)
On December 11, 2008, C.B. Fleet voluntarily withdrew its over-the-counter oral bowel cleansing solutions from the market after the FDA indicated that over-the-counter laxatives should not be used in high doses for bowel preparation and should only be available by prescription. At that time, the FDA announced that a black box warning would be added to prescription oral sodium phosphates, such as OsmoPrep and Visicol, to notify consumers about the risk of serious side effects.
Fleet Phospho Soda Side Effects Lawyer
If you or a loved one used over-the-counter Fleet Phospho Soda and suffered serious side effects, you may be entitled to file a Fleet Phospho Soda lawsuit seeking compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more.