Avaulta Biosynthetic & Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic Support Systems
On October 28, 2008, the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) issued a health alert stating that, over the last three years, it has received more than 1,000 reports from nine surgical mesh manufacturers of complications associated with surgical mesh devices used to repair Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) and Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI). The following Avaulta surgical mesh products, which are manufactured by Bard, have been linked to a large number of serious and life-threatening side effects:
- Avaulta Anterior Biosynthetic Support System (Product # 486010)
- Avaulta Posterior Biosynthetic Support System (Product # 486020)
- Avaulta Plus Anterior Biosynthetic Support System (Product # 486101)
- Avaulta Plus Posterior Biosynthetic Support System (Product # 486201)
Avaulta Biosynthetic & Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic Complications
During insertion, the Avaulta Biosynthetic and Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic Support Systems may cause bowel, bladder, and blood vessel perforation. In some cases, discomfort and pain (including dyspareunia) from vaginal scarring and surgical mesh erosion could lead to a significant decrease in patient quality of life. Other serious complications associated with the Avaulta Biosynthetic and Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic Support Systems include:
- erosion through vaginal epithelium
- urinary problems
- recurrence of prolapse and/or incontinence
Treatment of the various complications associated with transvaginal placement of the Avaulta Biosynthetic and Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic Support Systems may require additional surgical procedures (some of them to remove the Bard Avaulta mesh), IV therapy, blood transfusions, and drainage of hematomas or abscesses.
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Side Effects
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Lawyer Lawsuit
- Bard Transvaginal Mesh Recall
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Corrective Measures
- Cystocele &Transvaginal Mesh
- Bard Avaulta Mesh & Dyspareunia
- Transvaginal Mesh Infection
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Erosion
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Bard Avaulta Mesh Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Transvaginal Mesh & Vaginal Prolapse
Dangerous Product Alerts
Similar Defective Devices
Avaulta Biosynthetic & Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic Lawsuits
The lawyers at Bernstein Liebhard LLP are currently investigating injuries associated with the Avaulta Anterior Biosynthetic Support System, Avaulta Posterior Biosynthetic Support System, Avaulta Plus Anterior Biosynthetic Support System, and Avaulta Plus Posterior Biosynthetic Support System. These products can be identified by looking at the “product implant sticker,” which is removed from the device packaging immediately prior to implantation and affixed in the perioperative nurse’s notes in each patient’s hospital records.
Bard Avaulta Mesh Lawyers
To learn more about your potential Avaulta Biosynthetic or Avaulta Plus Biosynthetic surgical mesh lawsuit, contact our experienced Avaulta Biosynthetic attorneys today for a free and confidential case evaluation.
Felecia Stern is one of our lawyers working with Bard Avaulta victims. She can be reached privately at (877) 779-1414 (ext 211) or by email at email@example.com.