Cell Phone Radiation
Recent research shows that prolonged exposure to cell phone radiation increases the likelihood of developing brain and salivary gland cancer and/or tumors. You may be eligible to file a cell phone radiation lawsuit if you were exposed to the dangers of cell phone radiation and experienced problems such as:
- Cell Phone Lawsuits
- Cell Phone Cancer And Tumor Risks Linked To Cell Phone Radiation Exposure Levels
- Cell Phone Radiation Lawyer
Dangerous Product Alerts
- acoustic neuroma;
- meningioma; or
- tumors of the salivary glands;
- medical expenses;
- pain and suffering;
- lost wages; and
- other injuries
What Is Cell Phone Radiation?
Increasing concern regarding the dangers of cell phone radiation and its link to certain types of cancer and tumors is not unwarranted. Exposure to cell phone radiation occurs because cell phones emit radio frequencies (“RF”), a type of non-ionizing electromagnetic energy that falls between FM radio waves and microwaves on the spectrum. Cell phone radiation does not have the capacity to break chemical bonds in DNA, but studies have shown that it does affect brain activity and may have other serious side effects linked to certain types of cancers. The cell phone’s RF energy is measured by its Specific Absorption Rate (“SAR”), which calculates the average amount of cell phone radiation emitted by each model.
Factors that determine the amount of cell phone radiation users are exposed to include:
- The amount of time spent on the phone;
- The age of the person using the phone;
- Whether the user is using speaker mode or a hands free device;
- The strength of the cell phone signal at the time of use;
- The amount of cell phone traffic at the time of use; and
- The model of phone used.
Dangers Of Cell Phone Radiation May Be Underestimated
- cell phone manufacturers performed testing on a mannequin modeled after a 6’2”, 200 pound man with the phone held one inch from the ear;
- 97 percent of the general population don’t fit this profile and are thereby exposed to the dangers of cell phone radiation at higher levels;
- the SAR measures the peak of a cell phone’s RF output, but the amount of actual cell phone radiation during an average call may differ;
- a phone with a lower measured peak SAR may expose a user to more cell phone radiation on average than a phone with a higher measured SAR; and
- even low levels of SAR can expose users to the dangers of cell phone radiation.
Cell Phone Radiation Linked To Certain Types Of Cancer And Tumors
Recent studies show that cell phone radiation from prolonged cell phone use puts individuals at an increased risk for glioma, a malignant form of brain cancer, acoustic neuroma, a tumor of the nerve that runs from the ear to the brain, and meningioma, a tumor that grows on the layer of tissue that covers the brain and the spine. Because of the dangers of cell phone radiation, the World Health Organization (“WHO”) reclassified cell phones as “possibly carcinogenic” to humans in May 2011. In 2008, an expansive Interphone study on the link between cell phones and cancer found that the group of heaviest cell phone users—those who spent at least 30 minutes a day on the phone for over ten years—had a doubled risk of developing glioma, a rare condition usually caused by radiation exposure to the brain. The study was conducted over 10 years throughout 13 countries, but did not include children or young adults, who are more vulnerable to the dangers of cell phone radiation due to the small size of their heads. The study also did not account for the slow development of brain tumors, which may take up to 30 years to manifest. Other studies have also shown a connection between cell phone radiation and cancer. An independently funded Swedish cohort study found that long-term use of mobile phones correlated with an increased risk of developing glioma and acoustic neuroma.
Cell Phone Radiation Lawsuit
Prolonged and extensive cell phone radiation increases the likelihood of developing brain, neck, spinal, adrenal or salivary gland tumors as well as other serious side effects. Bernstein Liebhard LLP is a part of a small consortium of law firms leading the litigation against cell phone manufacturers. If you suffered from the serious side effects of cell phone radiation, you may have a case against a cell phone manufacturer. These manufacturers may be liable in a cell phone radiation lawsuit for:
- failing to warn users of the serious side effects; and
- misrepresenting that their mobile devices were safe for consumer use.
Contact A Cell Phone Radiation Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one have been exposed to the dangers of cell phone radiation and developed certain types of cancer and tumors, you may be able to file a cell phone radiation lawsuit seeking compensation for your injuries. Contact one of our lawyers today for a free case review. The cell phone radiation lawyers at Bernstein Liebhard LLP have extensive litigation experience and have recovered billions of dollars for their clients. In addition to being staunch advocates for your claim, our cell phone radiation lawyers also provide personal attention to guide you through the complex litigation process.